Yesterday Emma went for an ultrasound on her hips. The pediatrician wanted us to have Emma checked because Elia had the hip dysplasia as a baby. With Elia they had felt a click and with Emma she did not feel anything so we thought she did not have it. Well the ultrasound proved us wrong and she has hip dysplasia in the right hip. I talked with her pediatrician yesterday afternoon and Emma will be seeing the same doctor Elia sees for her hips. She did say they will be putting Emma in the Pavlik Harness but I don't know for how long and if it will be all the time until we see the Orthopedic doctor. Her appointment is next Thursday morning. I was reading some information about hip dysplasia and it is very common in first-born, girls and babies born breech. They have also found if there is a family history there is a greater chance that a sibling may have it too especially girls. This is why they recommended the ultrasound for Emma even though they didn't hear the clicking. I am glad now that her pediatrician had us do the ultrasound.
I have to say I was kind of sad when they told me they found it in her right hip. I know it really isn't anything serious and there are kids with things much worse. But you never want ANYTHING wrong with your child so to hear that something is wrong does break my heart. At least we do know the process because we have gone through it before and if it saves her from having problems when she is older than we will do what we have to do for Emma. I will keep everyone updated after we go to her appointment next week.



1 comments:
The best thing about this is that they caught it early and it can be treated immediately. Sweet little Emma will never remember it! Love you guys!!
Mom/Grandma
Post a Comment