Thursday, May 21, 2009

Ultrasound

I had an ultrasound done on Tuesday and it went well. It was done at the hospital in the Perinatal Assessment Center. I thought this would be great because this is the place I had to go to when I found out about my placenta previa with Elia and her kidney issues and everyone was fantastic. Unfortunately, I was not super happy with how it went but I think maybe I was just spoiled with Elia. Anyways, the ultrasound was done by a doctor doing her fellowship in the center. She was very nice but didn't give a lot of information as she went along. Elia was along and I think it would have been nice if she could have pointed out things a little better (I think my grumpy hormones have kicked in :). But Elia was excited because she was able to see the baby's head, legs, arms, feet and heart very clearly. As she was measuring things every thing seemed to be measuring around 19 weeks but the baby is weighing a little more. So who knows maybe we are going to have a "BIG" baby. The heart rate was the same as the last time, 150. The doctor then checked with the attending doctor and said every thing looked great. So it was a great relief to see the baby and hear every thing is going well. I have a doctors appointment on June 1 and I am hoping my doctor will go over the ultrasound a little more. Hard to believe that I am just about half way through the pregnancy. I will post the two picture (yeah another thing that bothered me b/c with Elia I had 5 or 6 pictures from this ultrasound) when Jeff scans them for me. Hope everyone is doing well and I will have some new pictures of Elia on here soon.

0 comments: