Ok I know I have been terrible at updating the page. I haven't had a lot of time to do it and I have been really tired too. As many of you know Elia is going to be a BIG SISTER! The baby is due October 14. Elia is very excited and has gone along to all of the appointments. We had our first ultrasound at 7 weeks and you really couldn't see much but Elia said, "oh the baby is cute!" We had another ultrasound at 12 weeks and we were able to see the baby a little better. Elia talks about the baby in mommy's tummy all the time. For a while she was saying the baby was a boy but now she has been going back and forth. She is going to be a wonderful big sister and talks about how she is going to rock the baby, sing to the baby and change the baby's diaper. It will be fun!
Elia has moved into a "big girl" bed now. We moved her into it in March and she has been doing great. The first couple nights she came out when we first put her to bed but she never came out in the middle of the night. She now goes to bed great and sleeps all night. It really was an east transition for her. Elia has been working on going to the potty all the time on her big girl potty too. She has her good weeks and not so good weeks. She definitely can hold longer so I think soon she will be using it all the time. I am just hoping before October :). Elia is still a little talker and loves to sing, color and dance. Her new thing lately is she makes up her own songs. She is quite creative too. She also has this new saying and Jeff and I don't know where she picked it up but when something isn't going right or not working for her she says, "You got to be kidding me". It is so funny to hear some of the things she says each day. She definitely keeps you smiling.
We have been having a lot of fun with the last few nice days we had last week. Elia and I have been taking walks and going to the playground. She LOVES to be outside. She loves to play with her bubbles, sidewalk chalk, baseball set, car and her bikes. She has really gotten her tricycle down pretty good. She can petal and ride down the sidewalk all by herself now. It is going to be a fun summer and she is looking forward to playing with a lot of her friends then too. Elia started swimming classes again last weekend. We put her in the next class level because we thought she was ready but we quickly found out she was not. The class she is in mommy and daddy do not go in the water with her. Well Elia did not like that idea at all. She cried and screamed the entire class. So for now we are going to move back to the class where we go in with her but we are going to try and transition her into the other class. She still is a little young for the other class (3-5) anyways but we will see how it goes. Elia will hopefully get more comfortable this summer when we can go swimming more. I have some more pictures to add so hopefully I will get those on in the next couple of days. Doctors appointment for me next week so I will give an update then.
New big girl bed
Nice and comfy
Time to go to sleep
Look at that smile
Our little cheerleader
Let's go Michigan
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
Finally an update :)
Posted by Bronson Family at 10:50 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





0 comments:
Post a Comment